"...a beautiful green stone pendant/belt fastener found between
the disturbed femur and pelvis bones of skeleton 1955 in the
north-west platform of Building 1. It is made of a
semi-translucent pale-green stone, well-polished, especially on
the back. 44mm long and 29.5mm wide, and pierced at both ends.
The two long edges are reasonably sharp, as though it could once
have been a tool, but no tools of this shape have yet been found
and the stone is fairly thin (max 5.9mm). However, a couple of
small celts of a similar stone have been found during the
current work. Its position near the pelvis suggested it could
have been part of a belt, but the burial was disturbed, and the
excavator later decided that he was not sure this artifact
belonged to skeleton 1955."
--Naomi Hamilton's Grave Goods report 1997