These designs are taken directly from the wall murals done by the
neolithic people at Çatalhöyük. You can use the full size stamp
in a variety of ways, to look at, to make stickers, or
make your own seals
To make these into stamps, print this page for directions, then
print the full size stamp templates.
- Seals template printout
- 5*5 inch Styrofoam blocks (you can cut them from packing materials)
- Tempra, fabric or acrylic ink
- Sharp hobby knife (careful!)
- fat tip pencil
- cookie sheet or ink pad
- Take the printout of the seals and turn the page over to the unprinted side. Take the pencil and completely cover the back side of the paper with graphite ( you can skip this step if you have carbon paper.
- Transfer the designs to your styrofoam blocks by tracing over the designs on the top (printed)side of the paper. You might want to do it one at a time by cutting out each design separately.
- Now, carefully cut our the white part of the design (leave the penciled transfer uncut)
- once your design is cut out, put an even layer of your pigment (tempra, ink or acrylic paint) on the cookie sheet and dip your stamp in the ink
- Stamp away!